Constant traffic and impact over time can severely damage concrete thresholds at self-storage facilities, truck bays and garages. Our Simon CR system replaces the crumbled, cracked threshold with a high-strength, epoxy-modified material, resulting in a much more durable surface. In addition, our system upgrades the surfaces’ structural integrity and extends its useful life.
To see transformation in images below, click arrows and slide
Using a standard storage facility threshold as an example, our concrete repair process would include the following fundamental steps:
- Remove damaged concrete in the repair areas
- Drill and place rebar reinforcement rods, if needed
- Place forms as needed around perimeter of repair areas
- Apply epoxy primer to existing, still-viable concrete to provide adhesion
- Mix and place high-performance epoxy mortar
- Hand trowel to finish
*Additional steps may be necessary for more complex projects.