Concrete gas island foundations really take a beating over time. Leaking gas and oil, rain, snow, salt, and temperature changes can all take a toll on them, plus cars and trucks running into them can damage the concrete even more severely. Add to that rusted metal bands and you have a real mess.
You can have them painted and they’ll look good at first, but that’s not a very cost-effective option given the fact that it’s pretty much just a temporary fix.
Epoxy mortar systems have proven to be a smart solution for deteriorated fuel pump islands. Why?
Depending on the system, advantages may include:
- Rust-free construction with no metal bands
- 2-3 times stronger vs. standard concrete
- Custom colors to meet brand standards
- Solid color throughout material
- Resistant to chemicals, gas, oil, and salt
- Minimal downtime at your facility
- Meets ASTM skid-resistance standards
- Bumpers, bollards
It takes a positive first impression to attract customers and a positive experience to keep them coming back. To learn more about the advantages of using epoxy mortar systems to restore your gas islands, click here.